Is it just me, or are all the goals scored in the NHL Playoffs come from the same general area?

Friday, February 11, 2011

You Can't Spell NONSENSE Without the SENS



I read this on the Yahoo Sports ticker, and it made me laugh. It's a blurb about a local Ottawa radio station reacting to the Mike Fisher trade. Keep in mind, though, the reaction from Yahoo repliers does cross the line, and some people lack good taste and proper nouns in their responses.




Typical nonsense coming from Ottawa. Impatient ex-Leafs fans overblowing the trade of a good old boy to the United States coincidentally to the hometown of the good natured, love of his life, pop star wife Carrie Underwood. If you google Mike Fisher, pictures of Carrie come up alongside his; in case you needed to know who Mike Fisher was...!


Ordinarily, I wouldn't talk about the Scum, er, Senators hockey club: The Low-Blow All-Stars in the pink satin and white lace jerseys with the purse holding the bribe money for the referees, and the yellow streak down the back. News like this about former players of this team going to new ones make me smile inside. However, throwing the country music star wife of a former player under the bus, because the Scum play like scum, is not cool at all.


Wow, if this is bad, then just imagine how the exit press conference would go...


Mike Fisher (sitting at table with plethora of microphones in front of him): ...I'm disappointed I have to leave Ottawa. I admire and respect everyone over the years...(Fisher tears up, grabs tissue, regains composure)...I promise Alf I wouldn't do this...(laughter from gallery)...but there comes a time when...when, umm...(Fisher breaks down, departs from table to sit in back row to cry, gallery applauds).


I must admit while my feelings for some Ottawa players are well documented among my friends, I did sort of like Mike Fisher (no sound on my computer? Why?!)...



Now that he learned from the errors of his ways, Mike Fisher will play for a new hockey team, which is the hockey team of Carrie Underwood's hometown...coincidentally. I wonder if Janet Jones Gretzky follows Carrie Underwood on Twitter?


All the best to one of my new favourite hockey players, and whatshername...lol











No comments:

Post a Comment