Is it just me, or are all the goals scored in the NHL Playoffs come from the same general area?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Dream is Dead: Canucks vs Canadiens


NOOO! My dream for an all-Canadian Stanley Cup Final went the way of the dinosaurs! How could this happen?!

I'll get you for this, Nathan Horton! Your clutch goal scoring ability and boyish good looks are no match for my superior intellect! The Florida Panthers drafted Horton 3rd overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, but traded him to Boston in last year's trade deadline day for another first-round pick (Doug MacLean, Sportsnet broadcast, April 27th, 2011). Horton's two overtime goals ensured a second-round berth in the 2011 NHL playoffs for the Big Bad Bruins, and dispatched the Montreal Canadiens to the golf course.

Because of Boston's newest overtime hero, this leaves the Vancouver Canucks as the lone Canadian representative in this year's Stanley Cup race. I don't know what this will do for my viewership of the contest, as I lost much needed sleep watching the Canucks and Blackhawks battle it out in a tough seven game series. It looked like a sweep for the Vancouver Canucks over the defending champion Blackhawks, a five game series at most. However, give credit to captain Jonathan Toews, coach Joel Quenneville, and the Chicago Blackhawks for showing grit and resolve to comeback, and push the series to seven games.

The Quarter-Finals look like this:

Vancouver vs Nashville
San Jose vs Detroit

Washington vs Tampa Bay
Philadelphia vs Boston (!)

Yikes, more games on the West Coast, and possibly more overtime games to boot. I need my sleep -_- Zzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment