Is it just me, or are all the goals scored in the NHL Playoffs come from the same general area?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NHL Newsmaker?

I thought about live blogging during the Leafs and Coyotes tilt tonight when Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf coughed up the puck at the Phoenix blueline, which opened the door to a two-on-one break going the other way culminating in an opening goal by Shane Doan, who scored his first point in seven games. So that idea, and the remote control, went out the window (the latter in a fit of frustration) -_-

I received some good news today: @NHLNewsFeed is following my tweets ^_^ This could be due to the success of Saturday Shootaround, which I'm not sure is a thing. It's still in its alpha testing mode, but I'm glad NHLNewsFeed is also pumped about the possibility of it becoming a weekly thing. This NHL tweeter joins @NHLFanChat as two prime NHL beatwriters following me on Twitter! I wonder what my name on Twitter would be if I became an authorized NHL beatwriter on the Tweetscape?
  • NHLGoofball
  • NHLHollywoodHockey
  • NHoLlywood
  • NHLPhilTweets
  • NHLFanZone (I think that one is taken o_O)
I may need to prefix everything with NHL o_O Even medical records! O_O

Congratulations Blues!

Although that sounds like an oxymoron for a failed Prozac commercial, I do wish to congratulate the St. Louis Blues for blasting out of the gate for their new head coach, Ken Hitchcock. The Blues knocked off the defensive-minded Bolts from Tampa Bay with an impressive 3-0 win ^_^ to extend their win-streak to three games following the hire of the Cup-winning coach last week. Their next regular season game is tonight when they play the visiting Detroit Red Wings at 8:00pm. Their previous game against the Wings was in Detroit in March of the previous season, when they scored a 10-3 victory. A lot changed since then, in particular behind the bench for St. Louis, however the song remains the same in some respects, as the Blues are still rooted to the basement spots in the Western Conference. New head coach Ken Hitchcock is wants to change that, saying "To me, transition ... the whole game has to be played behind people...it's not so much chipping it in, it's just making people turn. That's the whole focus of the game. If everybody's on that page, then you play faster."

 The Detroit Red Wings also started the season on a slow pace, but they are sitting fifth in the Western Conference. Aside from the #1 seed in the West, the Chicago Blackhawks, a game against the Detroit Red Wings will be the litmus test for the Blues to see if they indeed have what it takes to be a threat in the Western conference, much less the Central Division.


(Information, photo and quotation from the St. Louis Blues' website)

Finally...

Again, my apologies to Admiral Ackbar for Saturday's blog posting, and divulging the secret base on the ice planet of Hoth. Fortunately, a couple of jedi knights and I stole the flux capacitor operating the scanner onboard from the lead Star Destroyer, thus giving our forces an opportunity to evacuate before the Empire knew of our plan to assault the moon base on Backes, I MEAN, Pietrangelo!

Phew, that was close o_O I hope I didn't give too much away.

No comments:

Post a Comment