Is it just me, or are all the goals scored in the NHL Playoffs come from the same general area?

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Shootaround #5

Hmm, @CheapLeafsTix is following me on Twitter. Is it possible Saturday Shootaround will help me score affordable tickets to NHL games? Perhaps Saturday Shootaround should become a weekly thing? Maybe not, if the other twenty nine NHL teams open up Twitter accounts, sell affordable hockey tickets online, and then follow me on Twitter I'll consider it. No pressure though; I'm glad @CheapLeafsTix is along for the ride, and I hope they score me some tickets so I can the UNDEFEATED Toronto Raptors! :D

Oh wait...

  1. Burst the Bubble: My Toronto Maple Leafs lost to a pack of guys dressed like Juicy-Fruit gum packs! No, I'm not angry; I am just frustrated. The Nashville Predators defeated the Leafs 4-1 at home in the state of Tennessee, but the highlight everyone is talking about this week is a goal Predators rookie forward Craig Smith did not score. The only saving grace is the fact the Predators were already in a position to win the game, as they lead 3-1 at the time. For his sake, I'm glad the gaffe did not snowball into a "Patrik Stefan" type incident o_O Things like that only happen during soccer games, and before those soccer players receive the five thousand dollar handshake after the game for keeping the over/under down.
  2. St. James Sighting: Speaking again of the Maple Leafs, starting goaltender James Reimer returned to practicing with the team after his coming out midway through the October contest away against Montreal. Toronto let out a collective sigh of relief, before realizing Reimer would not start against Alexander Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals tonight o_O According to NHL.com, Ron Wilson said it would be another week before Maple Leafs fans like me can wear their gear with pride, and avoid my Capitals loving friend Jessica online (Hi Jessica). By the way, the Maple Leafs games during the next week are against the following: Sunday at Carolina, Tuesday at Tampa Bay, Friday at Dallas o_O Panic much?
  3. Hooray! Kessel (81) leaps into the waiting arms of Leafs Captain Dion Phaneuf!
    Hug Don't Dive! Jamie Benn screams with delight with Mike Ribiero ^_^
  4. Good Day Sunshine ^_^: I was so happy reading about hockey hugs over the week, that I decided to google "Hockey Hugs" online and find other good time pictures about hockey players celebrating, and being kids again. ^_^ I found lots of good times images, but be warned because there are a few not-so cool, "how did that get in there" pictures common in any Google search. I remember scoring my one and only goal in my hockey career, and when you score you immediately want to share that experience with as many people as you can, as shocking and ridiculous as the sight of you doing something productive at the rink in front of that girl from high school you liked, who was in the stands that night, and she thought I looked good ^_^ (Weren't you the slowest player on the team?) YNo! o_O (Didn't you trip on the end boards at the end of the game?) Maybe -_- (That google search of pictures of you as a short and fat player in roller hockey produced 300,000 hits, didn't it?) Oh look, another hockey hug picture! >_< (That's a baseball picture!) AHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment