Is it just me, or are all the goals scored in the NHL Playoffs come from the same general area?

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Shootaround #3


  1. Tim Thomas to unveil hockey mask in tonight's game: Boston Bruins' standout goaltender Tim Thomas will debut a new hockey mask for today's contest against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Thomas hopes the mask will bring awareness to cancer and early diagnosis. According to Kevin Woodley of NHL.com, "This mask features an image of Lord Horatio Kitchener made famous on a recruiting poster in England during World War I, as well as a new, moustachioed take on the "Beware the Bear" logo that Thomas usually features on the backplate of his everyday mask, altered now to "Beware of the Stache."" I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want Lord Kitchener coming after me! They called him "Kitchener of Khartoum" for a reason! A Google search for "Lord Kitchener" also brought up the jazz singer, "Lord Kitchner". No relation o_O
  2. The online hockey world is all aflutter over Matt Duchene's recent Texas two-step in Dallas in the overtime loss to the Stars (I don't watch DWTS). With those Duchene would easily place first, according to the professional judges only to lose out to Bristol Palin (teen mom), Corey from that Nick show (arbitrary guy to keep numbers fair), and Jennifer Grey (because no one says Baby's gotta lose...NOBODY!) Next thing, Matt Duchene and Brandy are chilling at the losers' couch asking each other what they do for a living. Matt: I'm an Avalanche ^_^
  3. If you happen to take a gander at the main page of NHL.com, then there is a good chance I was not the only person doing a double take, and then wondering what one must do to be put in positions like this: I want to steal the lunch money from the mascot on the left. He looks like a pushover, which I suppose is what appeals to kids nowadays: A giant plush dog/pig creature with blue eyes o_O The dragon in the middle looks like he is making a B-line to the rotisserie chicken rotating in the restaurant window at the three star, afternoon eatery on Wall Street that jams full of stockbrokers every Black Monday, which is a weekly occurrence. Yo, Dragon gotta eat! Did the photographer find that Louisville Cardinal mascot, after being kicked out of the last night club in town, to take that photo? Maybe he is a bouncer now? It goes along with the title, I suppose? Don't ask me what is happening at the bottom of the picture there: o_O Theft, falling down stairs, Money laundering, panhandling, loitering. "Mascot Madness" Yowza o_O



If "Saturday Shoot-around" becomes a weekly gimmick on this blog, the acronym should be S.A.S.H.. Anything I write for Tuesday will be T.I.A.R.A., and whatever I write for Thursday will be T.A.L.E.N.T.C.O.M.P.E.T.I.T.I.O.N.

In case this becomes a thing, which I'm not sure about...

No comments:

Post a Comment