Is it just me, or are all the goals scored in the NHL Playoffs come from the same general area?

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No Panic Mode

Southern Discomfort: Panthers defencemen Ellerby (4) and Jovanovski (55) celebrate another Florida goal with teammates
My Maple Leafs lost to the Florida Panthers 5-1 last night. While I am bummed about this latest development, I'm not too distressed about the Maple Leafs inevitable loss of the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference, and the lead spot in the Northeast Division. No, I'm not saying that because it is "early in the season", but because in the long and storied history of the franchise, not since the early 1960s had the Toronto Maple Leafs dominate the regular season to such an extent that they were perennial Cup favourites (Last Leafs team ranked 1st overall: 1963). Also, only once did the Maple Leafs have a regular season scoring champion (Gordie Drillon, 1938)!

To Die For: Well done, Florida! Your new jerseys are delicish!
The Maple Leafs are an underdog team, so when success occurs it is usually by surprise, or at least against the norm (See 1967, 1993 division semi-final against Detroit, James Reimer's rookie season). This team will begin to lose their fair share of games during these next few weeks and months, and make a strong push for the final two playoffs spots come trade deadline day to make things interesting. I'm not saying they stink, but it should make for some exciting hockey; plus, James Reimer will be back ^_^

I am slightly encouraged about the prospects for the Florida Panthers? Why am I excited for the Panthers? They listened to me, and dropped that idiot piping from their jerseys! ^_^ They are looking "FABulous!" (diva snap) Why is it whenever I read fabulous out loud my voice changes? o_O

No comments:

Post a Comment